Sunday 21 April 2013

Shove a finger up.



Because many things have happened lately that really got me going "wtf".Since last week I have been busy working at an event and just today a part-time job(which I am not going back to.And thats saying alot.)

During one of the days I heard this dude.This moronic sterotypical marketing gimmick dude who went so far to promote his company to say : " a big percentage of people have the talent but no opportunities but lets not think abou all those NAFA,Laselle design students there are people out there that deserve more opportunities like my friend here who is a freelance photographer but recently joined us full time and we have helped him achieve something to support his life and future."

Are you trying to say we design STUDENTS don't deserve a chance?Is that why so many people like you are giving excuses saying you welcome us but in turn say that we have ' not enough design experience '? Screw you.And I say this not for NAFA students.Not for Laselle students.BUT EVERY SINGAPOREAN ART STUDENT.And cue slow claps because you mister marketing gimmick, you have successfully pissed off 2 event companies with more experience than you and single freelancer on that very day with your 'speech' within a 1 mile radius.

But on the other hand I have a good news that I am soon to be working as a full time graphic designer.Which is awesome considering the severe lack of art jobs (especially for freshies) and they are giving my a chance to do something of my field of interest.Really had a good impression so far and hope it will be an awesome experience working for them.

For now I'll end here.7 hours of standing since 9am have been a toll on my poor legs that have hardly stood that long in a long time.Here are some sketches I have done during the event where I was trying my best not to fall asleep.

On a side note,the Kat Corner will be live soon so bear with me I swear it will be up by month end!

No comments:

Post a Comment